Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sugar & Hair Itches

What I thought was brown sugar turned out to be a bag of unaltered sugar. Unaltered? Unprocessed may sound better. This is my brain. This is my brain after a TIA. My brain is affected just as much as the left side of my body was affected. I know if I keep working my brain with certain activities it will strengthen it and some of these odd lapses will stop, or at least, not happen as often, but when my leg stops working on the stairs and I can't go up or back down? Hmm...I start to think I need to work on my body more than my mind.

Anyway, what I thought was brown sugar is just raw sugar. I didn't even know I bought it, and it was some time ago because this is the first time I have thought of making anything cookie like from scratch for months. I felt very good and wanted to try making some again. Discovering raw sugar is nice, because I was almost out of sugar for tea and coffee, but it is also something new for us and I need to remember it is stronger than the regular processed white sugar. With raw sugar, less is more, and learning that is taking a few times for all of us. Wow, how sweet it was this morning! I could not believe how sweet it was compared to what I normally make. It was like a dessert tea! But at least we have sugar. We were low, extremely so, and now we're good to go. I am not one of those people who will cut out sugar from my diet. Sorry, no. I already cut so much more out of my diet now why in the hell would I cut out more? No, no no no! Muhahahaha!

Ok, moment over.

Instead of doing cookies I'm making pumpkin bread. Mmmmmmm. Pumpkin bread. It will be faster and fill the kids up better than the blueberry muffins or jello I have started. Have you ever made Jello in a bag? I have. It's....unique......and I do this for no reason other than I do it. I guess experimentation is fun every now and then.

Oh, the hair itching. I gave B and D both hair cuts. More like head shaves ....yeah....um...let's just say the clippers sucked! I am going to get a set of clippers that works and not these things that should be beard only. I have no idea what we were thinking, but I'm going to make sure we have it on the Wish List. Oh I should post about that. Hmm, so much to think about and post! But after I get a cup o' tea for me and the kids, some pumpkin bread in the oven, and consider my meager pantry items for dinner. Oh boy. Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment