Sunday, September 12, 2010

Frugal Noodle

Frugal Noodle is actually a name I should use for the dish(es) that I create using Ramen Noodles. Oh gosh yes, we are a Ramen Noodle Froogle Noodle Family. My husband doesn't enjoy them that much. I know he would rather have pasta. However, pasta is a little bit more money, and when you are saving - or trying to - Ramen Noodles hit the spot as good filler. I came up with a way to make them tastier recently. I thought I had a way to make them good before this, but I was extremely wrong. Oh, the old variant of the recipe is good, but I enjoy the new one I have come up with even better!

First of all, the noodle. I do not buy any other Ramen Noodle but the Maruchan Ramen Noodle Brand. The quality of the noodle is better. Funny to say in such a cheap noodle? No. If I'm going to use them, I get the noodle that holds up better, tastes better, and has an overall better texture. Yes, I said all that over a cheap package of Ramen. Eating cheap does not mean skimping on quality. I have had every brand of Ramen Noodle you can purchase from every department store, grocery store, stop & go place, etc.. and not one brand (cheap brand!) tastes as good as the Maruchan Ramen.

Straight shot out of the honesty section: I do not use the flavor packets!!!

I know I am not alone when I say that the flavor packets that come with Ramen Noodles (any brand) are full of sodium. Even the low sodium packets are! They have flavor too, but, the sodium in those suckers could single handedly be used to keep a whole boat load of meat or fish from spoiling on a long voyage. Too. Much. For. Me, and my family.

When we can not get pasta on sale that will fit a family of five we get Ramen Noodles. It is just a simple pantry staple for when the going gets too tough, and the tough want fed. And around here, they want fed often. (...help...me....my...pantry...is...shrinking...) ahem. Moving on.

I will be putting in some recipes with Froogle Noodles in mind. Please keep an eye open for them, along with some other recipes that I fiddle with. I was so shocked at some of the yummy things we've started to create with even only having two ingredients! Watch for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment