Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hospital

Little A is going in to her surgeon today at Rush and they will do a upper endoscopy of her "esophagus" to see what needs to be done for her EA/TEF thus far. We discussed balloon treatment for her scar tissue area that seems to always shrink inward ever so slowly. This blocks her food from swallowing well and just causes a lot of problems. They will go in and balloon that section out some and then maybe check the rest of her throat area to see if she has any bone build up. Now, I'm not sure if this is calcium build up or something else. During the surgical procedure when they made her "esophagus" they cut the area around her collar bone and chest. Her collar bone is free from the chest bone. Her chest bone is also cut down a little on the left side. It's kind of shaped like the top of a triangle, upside down. The point is facing the heart. The wider section is up by her throat. This enables them to fix the "esophagus" easier! It can just be a little strange to see her collar bone sticking out of her neck area when she's got a full "throat" if food is stuck. One of the tell tale signs of "we need to massage her neck" !

We will be learing around 1PM to take her to Rush. E gets in just after 1 PM from school, an early dismissal today due to All Day Testing. ACT stuff and other things. School is so confusing now! Anyway, E will come home and rest. He was up very early to be at the school by 7:30 AM and after testing all day long you know that is going to be a 'worn out' moment! He will be home, but his Uncle D will be here too, so he won't be completely alone. I know he's old enough to be here alone. I know he won't do stupid things, but I still have a better ease about myself when there are people I know around my kids!

I'm hoping Little A will come home tonight and there will be no overnight stay. I'm packing, just in case, for an overnight. I am not going to enjoy that very much! Oh yes, it will be a total Disney girl's night out or something. Egh! I'm not much of a "new" Disney mom. I sort of shy away from things like that. Pre-Teen, Tween, whatever they are called shows like um, see, I'm lost on titles I actually have to think about it. My daughter watches them and loves them and, hey, it's better than some reality show stuff, buuuuut....boy oh boy can it be crazy!

I need to get back to making sure I have everything in my bag. I will be sure to update everything about Little A, and the adventure to Rush, when we get back fully!

No comments:

Post a Comment