Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Cuboard Was Bare

It's time for me to figure out some meals! For a few days, at least, with minimal ingredients that may not work for this family. I have some picky eaters....alright, I can honestly say, I am not picky about anything I eat...and I am the only one. So who does that leave? Oh yeah. All of them!!! So here we go!

What I have:
  • one can of tuna
  • one can of beets
  • one can of peas
  • two cans of green beans
  • one can of corn
  • 5 packets of some muffin mixes (sweet kinds, just add water)
  • 2 packets of dry milk, 1 quart each - I extend these when needed
  • couple quart sized bags of banana peppers (sliced)
  • several roma tomatoes
  • several onions
  • five potatoes
  • canned peppers
  • pepperoni
  • small bag of noodles
  • package of biscuit mix (add water type)
  • travel packs of raspberry tea and peach tea
  • regular tea bags
  • peach tea bags
  • coffee
  • two chicken leg quarters, roasted
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
When I get the chance I am going to get my pantry built back up. We have been living off of it for the past few days because of everything and, yes it is a pain to see it shrink, it is a wonderful thing to have because that means we do have something to eat. I already see a couple of dinners in this and a good lunch or two. And snacks too. I think I will be alright with this grouping. Cross your fingers! Here's my ideas:

Breakfast and Snacks on Wednesday: muffins made with powered milk; and tea to drink
Dinner on Wednesday: Chicken Legs, broken down into four pieces, Green Beans, Corn, roasted peppers     and onions. Tea to drink. Milk to drink if the kids like the flavor of powdered.


Breakfast and snacks on Thursday: muffins made with the milk; and tea to drink
Dinner on Thursday: Baked potatoes with pepperoni, peppers, onions, a little of the chicken brother for liquid and flavor. Tea or coffee to drink. Raspberry tea for the kids.

Breakfast and snacks on Friday: muffins again; and tea to drink (we are going to get tired of flavored tea water!!! Or just want another flavor before the end of it all. We only have two flavors at the moment.)
Dinner on Friday: a casserole made of the noodles, the biscuit mix, the last of the broth to make a gravy, the   canned peas added, and maybe a little taste of cut onions for flavor. Sliced tomatoes for a side along with beets (beets are for me and my eldest)

Optional snack: Stuffed tomatoes with tuna salad (diced peperoni for hubby too) and onions and peppers.
Optional snack: tuna casserole for everyone; reserved noodle base for B because he does not like tuna!!!

I have a box to go through that my mom sent me. It has jellies in it, that I know of, but maybe something else is inside that I can use right now. Usually her boxes are for Reservations Only! because she sends special, yummy things! I will look in and dig about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment