Friday, September 10, 2010

Ring Dancing

I don't know why I'm drawn to Ring Dancing. I am not meaning Round Dancing. Round Dancing is something completely different. Ring Dancing is dancing with rings and not just in a ring. Here is a video example. Watch it all the way through to see the shapes he creates and the story he tells with the hoops. Eventually, he has so many on him, it's a wonder how he keeps them all going:


Ring Dancing

I will hope to have that link created properly and not just one of those http: things hanging there. It has been that long since I did a blog! Terrible isn't it? (Hey, Blogger made making a link so easy! Go Blogger!) If it does not work...go to YouTube and type in Ring Dance! Or Ring Dancing Grand Canyon under the name SoManybooks as the poster.

As you can see by the video (I hope) the rings are used with the dance and there are many shapes with meaning during the dance. The rings they pick up are not just to show off skills! The skill and endurance involved is one thing to applaud, but the feeling and meaning to the dance, to perform it, has so much more feeling and emotion to it! I am always, and completely, drawn to the dance. Humorously, I know it is not because of hula hoops. I can not do that for the life of me. Not as a kid. Not now! (Tongue in cheek. I bet the dancers hear that often!)

Because of feeling that drawn to something I have had role-play characters with part or most of the name. (Yes, I am a geek.) I have an e-mail with part of the name which is the one actually attached to this blog, and now, this blog. Ring Dancing is an art, a creative view of culture, and a wonderful dance of expression and meaning. I want, most of all, my life to be like that. I hope, down the road, I can actually say I let my life be much like a Ring Dancer. One piece at a time, picked up to the rhythm of life to create something beautiful.(And not just my kids, but something more...even though they are beautiful...and cute....and rotten...stopping now. Promise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment